Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Back in NY: Spending time with close friends

IMG_0620
I'm back in New York for the foreseeable future. I'm so happy to be back in my home, my bed, and of course, my favorite city. Last night, Stephanie, Faye and I met Shaunna at her beautiful new loft in Tribeca. I met Stephanie and Shaunna at a networking dinner run by the now defunct Foodchicks, for professional women in wine and food, in 2002. Faye worked with the Cliquot brand with Steph and Shaunna and thus, three became four. It has been over two years since the four of us had be united, with Stephanie living in Rutherford in Napa Valley and having two beautiful girls in the meanwhile. Shaunna's place was beautiful -- still a work in progress but she has excellent taste and I look forward to seeing it completed.

We had an above average meal at the nearby Turks and Frogs with Gruner Veltliner from a producer that I've never heard of. It lacked varietal character with pyrazine aromas similar to sauvignon blanc. Actually, the wine list was not great and I wasn't familiar with most of the names on the list. I ordered the argula and squid for my main. The food has been better but sufficed; the cool, sexy vibe and setting remained. It was half-filled on a Tuesday night.

Over dinner, we caught up with gossip, our love lives(Faye is in love, both Shaunna and Stephanie are very happily married, I'll remain private about the matter), the wine business(although Faye is involved in the spirits end), and of course, our hopes and dreams. Stephanie emailed us this morning exclaiming that she missed us already!

Following are a couple photographs from a few years back. Looking at these, I'm reminded how quickly time flies. And yes, I know that I look constipated in the last but it is the only photo of the three of us.


2007

2003

Turks & Frogs Tribeca on Urbanspoon